Sunday, January 19, 2014

Just A Quick Note

Since I am still experimenting with this blog stuff, I hope you will be patient with me. I thought that when I read something that I think is interesting about food I would post a link to the article and share it with you. As I said in my first post, this is a journey for me and I am happy to have whoever is interested follow along. Do not expect perfection though. It will be a learning experience for me and for anyone who chooses to tag along.

I thought I might mention some ways that I start my day. I used to just bolt out of bed and hurry, hurry, hurry up until the time I walked out the door on my way to work. My mornings are much different now.


  1. The first thing I do when I open my eyes is become aware of my breathing. I sometimes wake with a sinus type headache and I have found that if I do some conscious breathing it can relieve it. Here is a link to a web site that explains it better than I can. The whole idea of the breathing first thing, to me anyway, is to just make myself stop and just be still before I start the day. It is my time to pray.
  2. The next thing that I plan to start doing in this slot of time is to do some simple meditation. This sounds like it should be so easy, but it is a lot harder than I thought it would be. To completely clear one's mind of every thought is not that simple, but it is something that I am working towards. Try this it might help if you are interested in trying it.
  3. Ok now this one I have not tried yet but I keep reading about it on almost every health and wellness site that I visit. It is the practice of drinking warm water with lemon and cayenne pepper each morning to aid in the digestion of food. The web site that this link is for is a really fun, inspirational site. Check it out! I'm sure you will find something of interest.
Well, so much for my quick little note! Just wanted to share that. It all sounded so strange and impossible when I first started doing some of this stuff but you know what, the truth is that I really do feel better. And it didn't take long for me to notice a difference either. Within a few days of eating healthy I had stopped falling asleep every afternoon in my comfy chair. I was actually able to stay awake all day and feel good. I was not drop over tired all the time like I was. All I know is that if I can feel this much better in such a short time, imagine how great I will feel next year at this time! 

Until next time-----Think positive and be mindful of what you are eating. Is it going to nourish your body or is it just going to deplete it of more vitamins and minerals that you are much better hanging on to? Just stop and think about it.


Peace & Happiness,

Laurie


2 comments:

  1. Laurie,
    Love your blog! Take care and keep on blogging (is there such a word?)
    Laurie W. Morris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your encouragement Laurie. And yes...blogging is a word!

      Delete