Monday, January 20, 2014

Baby Steps

I just got a text from my oldest and dearest friend in New Jersey. She told me that she had read about some of the changes I wrote about here. The one she mentioned was waking up to warm lemon water with cayenne pepper. Not sure that she is willing to swap her beloved coffee for spicy lemon water yet! Well, I have a confession to make. I am still drinking coffee in the morning. Yes, it's true. I. Am. Not. Perfect. I am however making progress and moving in a forward direction. I used to drink four or five cups of coffee every morning. Now I drink one or two and my warm, spicy lemon juice! Baby steps people. Baby steps. I figure that as long as I am not going backwards I am doing alright.

One thing I notice about some people is that they are short on patience. I think that as I have gotten older I have become more patient. Not only with other people and situations, but with myself. I am learning to be gentle with myself and give myself the time I need to make changes in my life. To do this I need to have a certain amount of self confidence. I need to realize that I am capable of making changes. I have just as much worth as all those people out there who I see changing their life habits for better, healthier ones. We are, each one of us, worth the trouble. After all, what is more important than our own health? Without it we probably won't be here for long, and I for one am still curious about what lies around the next corner.

Peace & Healthiness,

Laurie


No comments:

Post a Comment