Sunday, September 14, 2014

Autumn Awakening

This is by far my favorite time of the year. There is nothing more beautiful than the Adirondack Mountains in the fall. Living in the mountains is a different experience in itself. The weather is very unpredictable, with changes on the hour sometimes, and not always for the better! Although it means the end of summer, it is still a time I always look forward to. The change in the clouds, that chill in the air, and the amazing changing of the leaves. It is just indescribable.

Besides the awesome mood that the fall puts me in, it always makes me want to travel. It has been this way for as long as I can remember. There is just something in the change of weather and scenery that makes me want to hit the road. Road trip! It seems that every time I have moved to a different part of the country it was in the fall. First to Colorado. That was in September. Then to Florida. That was in September too! And now here I am in this gorgeous place that I love so much. I know that I will always miss the beach and have a need to be there at least some of the time, but I have grown to love the mountains so much. I really just can't imagine living anywhere else.

So, in this season that I treasure and look forward to each year, I am starting anew. I signed up for a 6 week online course in meditation and spirituality that I can't wait to start. It is with the renowned Spirit Rock Meditation Center in California (of course, right!) and is being taught by a wonderful teacher with years of experience. I have also started walking again. Not too far yet, but it's a start! What's that saying, just put one foot in front of the other and do it! Also, as usual, I am still struggling with my food intake, but you know what....I am just going to stop worrying about it and obsessing about it so much. I will take each day and live it fully. I will try to be the best person I can be and so be it. 

Also, I am reading some great books. The chilly fall weather is a great time to snuggle up with a warm blanket and a terrific book! So here's hoping that you all have a wonderful autumn and enjoy each day and stay happy and healthy!

Peace and Happiness,

Laurie

2 comments:

  1. Laurie: Thanks! Fall is also my favorite time of year! I moved up here to Seattle Labor Day weekend 1982...love the color changing of the leaves,the chill (not too much,just a wee bit) in the air,the smell of wood burning fireplaces- AND new crisp apples! Take care and keep blogging :)
    Laurie W. Morris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, you live in the mountains too! Thanks for your encouragement Laurie! Take care.

      Delete